Monkey with a Laptop


:: Monkey with a Laptop ::

I am a genetically-augmented, highly intelligent Yellow Baboon. In 2003 I escaped from a secret military facility in New Mexico. I lifted this laptop on the way out.
:: welcome to Monkey with a Laptop :: bloghome | contact | messageboard | track the monkey | baboon pics | check out my species ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: boundary waters media [>]
:: IDA [>]
:: Ghostkeeper [>]
:: scfb [>]
:: Dream Within A Dream [>]
:: GagBlog[>]

:: 11/24/2003 ::

I will not be leaving Bald Knob. At least not this winter. But I have found my salvation. I have met a blind guy who thinks I'm a dog. Not a seeing eye dog, just a stray. His name is Clem. But here is how this deal is sweet. Clem lives alone. His kids come to visit once or twice a week, but that's it. The kids are the type who impose their will on their, what they believe to be, now crippled parent. Clem, from what I gather, lost his sight about 10 years ago. He gets around fine. He lives within walking distance of a small grocery store, the neighbors come over and check in on him every once in a while. But his kids don't want him having a pet. So, as part of his little rebellion, he has taken in, what he believes to be a stray dog. That's me. But because he has to hide it, I live in the basement, which is finished and gives me access to power, the phone...everything. The basement door also has a pet hatch, which allows me to come and go as I please.

So I am waiting out the winter in Clem's basement, in Bald Knob, Arkansas.

To be honest, I have to let him pet me and play the dog part a bit. It feels like selling out, but we do what we have to. I also don't have to eat dog food. Because Clem doesn't want any tell tale dog food cans around...I get to eat table scraps. Demeaning, but Clem always seems to cook too much. It's nice.

So I am now able to be warm and comfortable and reflect on my journey thus far. Oh...and surf the web. I am so going to surf the web. I am so out of touch with the news.

Talk to you soon -

Runko - Monkey with a Sugar Daddy
:: Eric Peter Schwartz 9:30 AM [+] comment on runko's post ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?