Monkey with a Laptop


:: Monkey with a Laptop ::

I am a genetically-augmented, highly intelligent Yellow Baboon. In 2003 I escaped from a secret military facility in New Mexico. I lifted this laptop on the way out.
:: welcome to Monkey with a Laptop :: bloghome | contact | messageboard | track the monkey | baboon pics | check out my species ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: boundary waters media [>]
:: IDA [>]
:: Ghostkeeper [>]
:: scfb [>]
:: Dream Within A Dream [>]
:: GagBlog[>]

:: 10/29/2003 ::

I guess I am feeling less urgency to get my story out. I feel as though I am doing you a disservice. And for this I apologize. After I escaped I had a burning desire to scream at the universe in the only way I could. Since then the burning desire has subsided. Sometimes I come in to Blogger and have no idea what to say to you sapes. I am afraid that I have shifted from intelligent-baboon oddity-with observations on society TO another whiny asswipe with an internet account. One of the problems with increased brain power is that eventually you discover boredom, lethargy and an inability to communicate properly.

I want to apologize for some comments I made a couple of weeks ago about monkey researchers. My online buddy (and often conscience) Derek was a little put off by my violent comments at the end of my last blog. Not all animal researchers are the butchers my tormentors were. He also asked if I would go back to being a dumb baboon if given the chance. Right now...I don't know. Awareness is a lot of responsibility. I now so many of you sapes medicate and marinate yourselves because you know this to be the case. And yet, if I hadn't been augmented I would have missed out on so much; fireworks, Cozad, sunset on the Sangre De Cristo mountains, the Black Hills. The answer...no. I wouldn't want to go back. Not for a moment.

Thank you Derek. Life is too short (especially for a boon) for me to harbor recriminations.

I'm freaking freezing. My journey has slowed down considerably. I am not making it south fast enough. It's getting colder and colder. My stolen clothes are helping, but it's not enough. I am no longer certain that I will make it through the winter. That may be why I have been feeling so remorseful. Feelings of impending doom. Making peace with my creator.

I am currently in Bald Knob, AR. I will be back to finish this a little later. Duty calls. Or rather doody calls. Sorry, cheap joke.


:: Eric Peter Schwartz 3:45 PM [+] comment on runko's post ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?